Project Logo 

Gough Buildings 2
A glimpse in the Ynyscedwyn Estate records

Both images by
kind permission of
West Glamorgan
Record Office

(Ref. D/D/Yc 1175)

Estate map

The southern end of the "island" of old Ystradgynlais from a map in the estate books of the Ynyscedwyn Estate dated 1838, showing houses and garden plots between the river and canal.


The large building at the bottom of the image is the Ynyscedwyn Arms.


painting of bridge


Watercolour detail painted into a corner of a page of the Ynyscedwyn estate books


There are 9 pages on the Gough Buildings. Use the buttons below to view the other pages.