Project Logo 

The "Tick-Tock"
The Anglo-Celtic Watch Co. Ltd.

The Anglo-Celtic factory at Gurnos Works 

Anglo-Celtic watch factory
  Title Association
The Anglo-Celtic Watch Co.Ltd, Gurnos Works, Ystradgynlais near Swansea, was an autonomous company whose shares were held equally by Smiths Industries Ltd, Ingersoll Ltd and initially Vickers Armstrong. Vickers Armstrong sold their shares to the other two companies in 1948. It was the largest watch manufacturing factory in Britain and one of the largest in Europe.

 Mr Huw Dalton opens the factory on
March 15th 1947

  Opening and location
Work in the factory started in August 1946 and it was opened on March 15th 1947. It was located on the old Ynyscedwyn estate on the outskirts of the village of Ystradgynlais, in the old county of Breconshire. It was on the main Swansea to Brecon Road, 14 miles from Swansea.
  There are 7 pages on the Anglo-Celtic watch factory. Use the buttons below to view the other pages.