Pictures of Hay 3
|Site of the Town Clock
The illustration shown below comes from an early print of Hay drawn and published by John George Wood of London in 1814. The identity of the engraver is not known with any certainty.
The published print was captioned with the old name by which the town was known, until relatively recent times, of 'The Hay'.
kind permission of
Eric Lewis Pugh
The view of the town is from Broad Street, close to the site of the present Town Clock. It is looking south into the Pavement, with Lion Street bearing off to the left.
There are 4 pages in this sequence. Use the box links below to view the other pages.