|New life for the old
Another view of the grand building which once housed the Cambrian Railway Company offices as well as serving as the station for Llanidloes is shown here. Passengers are awaiting the arrival of a train heading northwards up the Severn Valley. This picture dates from around 1930.
by kind permission
|The modern view below, taken in March 1999, shows the front entrance to the former station in Cambrian Place. The restoration of the building was completed in 1984, and it now houses a number of small businesses.|
The main road which carries through traffic now passes behind the building on the line of the old railway tracks.
This is the second of two pages on the railway at Llanidloes.