Victorian Powys for primary  schools
Powys Digital History Project
         
Talgarth and district
in Victorian times
 
  Talgarth Tower and bridge  
 

This is a fine old photograph of Talgarth which was taken about one hundred years ago.
It is looking towards the the Square from the other side of the bridge over the River Enig. The attractive canopied doorway on the right belongs to the Bridgend Inn.

 
Talgarth
Bridge and
Tower
around 1900
Talgarth Tower and Bridge
 

On the left, just over the bridge, is the well known landmark of Talgarth Tower which may have once formed part of a fortified medieval manor house.
Beyond the 14th century tower are the Tower Hotel facing the Square, and the Town Hall with its fine clock tower.

Back to Talgarth picture menu

 

Link to sources
Back to top
Go to Talgarth menu
RDR