Powys Digital History Project

St John's Chapel, Hay 4
Butchers and barbers

  Recent times
After 'doing time' as a town lock-up for the miscreants of Hay, the former St John's Chapel was at various times put to use as a butchers shop, a barbers shop, saddlers and other purposes.
The photograph below shows the building when it was occupied by T.C.Large, Hairdresser.
Photograph by
kind permission of
Eric Lewis Pugh
of Hay
Chapel in use as barbers shop. 

St John's Chapel today.The building is shown here as it appears in 1999.

The eastern side of St John's was reconverted into a chapel in 1934, with regrettably few surviving early features.
It is still in use today for services and meetings.

  There are 4 pages on St John's Chapel. Use the box links below to view the other pages.