Victorian Powys for primary  schools
Powys Digital History Project
         
Crickhowell and district
in Victorian times
 
  Glanusk Park, near Crickhowell  
 

This picture is taken from a coloured Victorian engraving of the impressive mansion of Glanusk Park. Sadly, the building was demolished in 1954.
There is more about the building and ownership of this house and its surrounding estate on another page - see the link on the right.

For more about Glanusk Park
click here.
Glanusk
Park
around 1840
Glanusk Park
 

The splendour of this huge house gives some idea of the wealth which came the way of successful investors in the rapidly expanding iron industry during the Industrial Revolution.
Glanusk Park was just one of several estates owned by Sir Joseph Bailey, who had made his fortune by 1830 and lived mainly in this house until his death in 1858.

Back to Crickhowell picture menu

 

Back to top
Go to Crickhowell menu
RDR