Victorian Powys for primary  schools
Powys Digital History Project
         
Brecon and district
in Victorian times
 
  The Struet, Brecon  
 

This picture was taken at the end of the Victorian years, probably in 1900. The view is looking north along the Struet in Brecon.
At this date the building on the left was the Angel Hotel, but it later became the RAFA Club.

 
The Struet
Brecon
around
1900
The Struet , c1900
 

The building on the right in the Struet with the porch and curved doorway openings (beyond the horse and cart), was The Elms.
This was used as an Intermediate school for girls from 1896 until 1901, while a new school was being built at Cerrig Cochion Road.

Back to Brecon picture menu

 

Link to sources
Back to top
Go to Brecon menu
RDR